[FreeNX-kNX] fedora - FreeNX shadowing :0 needs correct xauth + nxserver bug fix

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Tue Jul 3 09:45:33 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 03/07/2012 10:33:03:

> Hey, I tried a few more things, but yet I could not make shadow
> work. I think I will give up this time.
> I now installed the no machine server free edition and I am working
> with it. I am not able to invest more hours in this setup.
> Still I would the freenx people and particularly Chris that was
> really helpful.
> I really like open source and I would be glad to provide any info
> you need to debug this if you want me to.

Did you check the .Xauthority file in use, as I outlined
using xauth, or had you given up by then ???

X authority is almost certainly the issue.

Failure produces the closing window which you describe.

I've have shadow :0 working with FreeNX,( tho' the OpenSuse
maintainer hasn't added the code at all and I had to
dowload the Fedora package to see what had happened )