[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Problem with Nx, Fluxbox and suspended sessions

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Sun May 15 11:41:31 UTC 2011

Marco Passerini <marco.passerini at csc.fi> wrote on 13/05/2011 15:14:46:
> Hi!
>
> I think I found the problem, and it happens because I'm using SU
> authentication:
[SNIP]
> Is there some problem in the implementation of the
>SU_AUTHENTICATION mode?

I couldn't say. I've never bothered with it and I'm not
sure how many people use it.

. . . but . . . .
/bin/su (with pam_xauth) sets XAUTHORITY

Test this:-
        On the NX machine, logged in as yourself.
        mkdir ~/.xauth ; touch ~/.xauth/export
        Then NXconnect/disconnect/reconnect.

If that stops it, then you'll have to set it for each user (and
put up with any su consequences elsewhere . . . .)

I'm still not sure why node isn't writing out
 ~/.Xauthority anyway.

If that continues then the above won't work !!!