[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Ubuntu freeNX PPA upstart dependency

Henning Heinold h.heinold at tarent.de
Sat Apr 16 12:26:17 UTC 2011

Quoting "Brent S. Elmer Ph.D." <webe3vt at aim.com>:

> I have been using the Ubuntu PPA for freeNX on my Debian machines for a
> while.  I run Debian testing/wheezy.  I am using the karmic freeNX
> version because later versions have a dependency on upstart.  Debian has
> not decided to go the upstart direction so I would rather not install
> upstart.  Is there a way to make freeNX not depend on upstart?  Recent
> ssl packages have broken freeNX on Debian testing so I am wondering if
> the lucid or maverick version fix the problem.
>
> Brent

Hi Brent,

for now upstart will be always a dep. Your only chance is to download
the source apt-get source freenx-server edit the debian/control file to
remove upstart as dep or changing the debian/rules file to remove
upstart hooks
and replace it with sysv. And than running dpkg-buildpackage to rebuild
all.

Bye Henning