[FreeNX-kNX] Fwd: Root keyboard mapping

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Tue Jan 5 15:54:07 UTC 2010

Fausto Lombardi <faulomba at gmail.com> wrote on 05/01/2010 08:31:46:

> Chris,
> I tried to create this symlink but the problem is still there.

When you say "tried to create", did you manage to create it and test it.

or was there a problem creating it and so you haven't tested it ??

Did the error message go away, but the problem was still there, or did you
still get the same
cannot open etc etc

> Now I report all the information that is in clients file maybe it will
> help you to understand:
>
> error opening security policy file
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy

That should be

        /usr/lib/xserver/SecurityPolicy

so it's looking for things in the wrong places.

Try a link again. This might not be a fix but see if the error messages go
away.

        As root

        mkdir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver
        ln -s /usr/lib/xserver/SecurityPolicy
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy

I expect you will need to make root behave like other accounts regarding
X, but the
default is to have root keep to defaults, which don't work 'cos no-one
uses the root
account with X.

I haven't much time to search for an answer tho'.

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ