[FreeNX-kNX] Wrong keypad with opensuse in spite of new NX3.4 and patched nxnode

olafs6 at gmx.de olafs6 at gmx.de
Thu Aug 5 15:33:04 UTC 2010

Hi Mike!

Am Donnerstag, 5. August 2010 16:53:23 schrieb chris at ccburton.com:
> The Euro currency symbol with AltGr 4 (as on my uk keyboard)
> AltGr Q is the gives me a @
> AltGr - is backslash
> Plus various other things I never use either.

Nothing of that works for me. I have to copy&paste the "@" from mailaddresses,
the "pipe" and others from websites or something else, every time I need these
signs.

> Do any AltGr+key combinations  print a character in your
> NX sessions ??

No. When I use AltGr+something, it prints onle the "something":
AltGr+ "7" = 7
AltGr + "+" = +
AltGr + "<" = <

> What happens on the thin client without NX ??

Without NX the thinclient(s) does nothing, because it/they boots an
thinstation+nx image over pxe.
(The hardware, the keypad, is okay, the AltGr-key works when I use it with
normal computers with OpenSuse or something else)
The same error occurs when I boot other computers with pxes.
And when I test with "xvkbd" virtual keyboard, the signs are still wrong, too:
when I "press" Shift+2 on this virtual keyboard (for the sign @ on this), it
prints me "q", the same result as I press AltGr+q (for normal the @ on german
keyboard).

Bye