[FreeNX-kNX] Freenx and keyboard input

ChrisB chris at ccburton.com
Sat Sep 26 20:02:36 UTC 2009

"Ruirui Zhang" <rrzhang at ipp.ac.cn> wrote on 26/09/2009 19:01:38:

> Hi,
>   I have installed freeNX on my linux server(redhat linux 5.1 ). It
> works ,I get start a session on my own windows xp computer by using
> NoMachine client software. But I met two problem at moment.
>
>   First one is the NX session can’t receive keyboard input except
> number pad as a user account, the mouse works. But if I logging in
> as root ,the mouse and keyboard both work.

First thing is to make sure that your "user account" works, by logging in
locally on the FreeNX server if you haven't already !!

Then

You must ensure that both ends are using the same strings to identify the
keyboard and language.

The Nomachine nx client strings for keyboards are in ?:\Program Files\NX
Client for Windows\share\keyboards

On the FreeNX server, if you log in as the user and also as root so you
can check this out, the

        user's$HOME/.nx/C-users-session/options

file will tell you what the client is sending as the keyboard string,
which must match what the server expects.

See

        http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR01F00500

>   The second is when I start a gonme desktop session, after click
> the gonme menu to log out, the session become cease to accept point
> and keyboard input. The session is hung, I even couldn’t close it,
> only force to kill the process.

I don't like gnome either for this sort of thing. Try KDE and see if it
works better.

>  I install the newest nx lib and freenx. The tar packages are:
> freenx-server-0.7.3, nxagent-3.3.0-18, nxauth-3.3.0-1, nxcomp-3.3.
> 0-4, nxcompext-3.3.0-4, nxcompshad-3.3.0-3, nxnode-3.3.0-22,
> nxproxy-3.3.0-2, nx-11-3.3.0-7.
>
>  Do I miss something

Not if it works ( for root )

 and anyone can help me.