[FreeNX-kNX] Closing the client and broadcast do not work

Thomas Klingbeil thomas.klingbeil at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Sep 16 19:55:01 UTC 2009

Thanks for your reply!

Terje Andersen schrieb:
> Are you using the FreeNX Team's PPA? alot of fixes has been added in those
> packages.

I'm using the repository http://ppa.launchpad.net/freenx-team/ubuntu
(jaunty) - so I suppose yes.

>> My problem is that using the
>>
>> nxserver --broadcast "..." and "send" commands does not work
>>

> Hm, this works on my systems, including ubuntu - do you have xmessage
> installed? maybe you should/could try to install the official nxclient on the
> server (don't remember if that makes any difference, but atleast you get more
> beautiful messages from the FreeNX server :p).

Both packages were not installed; now they are, but broadcast and send
still do not work :-/
> You could try ctrl+alt+t, but it might not work in VNC mode (I'm not sure, I
> don't use VNC anymore via FreeNX) - worth a try, though ;-)
At least closing the client works now... Probably the FreeNX-Server just
had no possibility to display the "Do you really want to close"-Message.

Regards and thank you!
Thomas