[FreeNX-kNX] Crashes when closing an application

Mario Becroft mb at gem.win.co.nz
Tue Oct 27 21:48:39 UTC 2009

Alex King <alexcking at gmail.com> writes:

> The following message appears in the nx log:
>
> 1004 Error: NX Agent exited with exit status 1. To troubleshoot set
> SESSION_LOG_CLEAN=0 in node.conf and investigate "/home/marilyn/.nx/
> F-C-cushn14-1025-B46698BBE414DD5A651FB3B3E242892C/session".
>
> I have done that but I can't see anything there to help me.
>
> If I bypass nx altogether by using xdmcp logins, everything works fine without
> the crashes.
>
> How should I go about debugging in a situation like this?

Is nxagent actually crashing? If so, get a stack trace from the core
dump. That will almost certainly help someone diagnose the problem.

If it is just exiting, and there is no diagnostic output pointing to
why, then that's rather tricky.

Does the problem happen every time you close an openoffice.org window,
even if the app is still running, or does it happen only when closing
the last window? Is the result the same when clicking on the close
button in the window decoration, and when choosing the Close option from
the File menu?

One thing you could try is run with a different window manager (or no
window manager) and see if anything changes.

--
Mario Becroft <mb at gem.win.co.nz>