[FreeNX-kNX] Force new NX Session without getting the Session Chooser

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Wed Nov 25 16:21:48 UTC 2009

Florian Schmidt <fschmidt at gmx.at> wrote on 24/11/2009 09:30:10:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested in forcing a new session for a user by just changing
> the session file.

D'you mean (re)moving it ??

 So even when a user has connected and working
> sessions I want to create a session file to force a new session

Create a session file to force a new session ??

Don't you mean (re)move ??

> without getting the session chooser (where you than also can
> reconnect old sessions)
>
> I checked the source of nxserver but I haven't found anything there
> to allow such a behavior. Does anyone knows if this is possible or
> of this could be patched in the source and if so maybe even how?

To clear up old sessions, you would need to move the session files
somewhere and modify the cleanup.

If the same account logs on several times, you will get issues if
you use OpenOffice, firefox etc,

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ