[FreeNX-kNX] locking on a netbook

roland roland at cat.be
Tue Nov 10 13:23:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:52:51 +0100, <chris at ccburton.com> wrote:

> roland <roland at cat.be> wrote on 10/11/2009 08:39:30:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a netbook Samsung N110
>> Freenx and nx are installed on a CentOS 5 server
>> The client Windows xp, nomachine version 3.3.0-6
>>
>> Every 5 or 10 min the connection locks up and I have to do
>> Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Esc to close the nx client and restart.
>
> If the connection doesn't complete, then you may find the session
> suspends after a few minutes.
>
> If there is another half completed session it is possible to see
> other sessions not connecting for that user.
>
> If the network is droppping packets then the session can time out
> and suspend.
>
> etc etc etc
>
> You don't tell us very much about what is happening.
>
> Is the session suspended ??
>
> Does the client work with other servers??
>
> Do other clients work with this server ??
>
> How many sessions are running for that user on the server??
>
> Does it still happen if you try a different user ??
>
> etc etc etc

I am the only one that is connected to that server (Compaq-HP ML350 6GB
RAM)
When I work locally, nomachine will start from an acer travelmate 3000
centrino processor. In this case there are no problems, except that work
is done on a 21 inch Display, (Nomachine full screen) and experienced as
slower than Vnc.

When I work remote, nomachine starts from a netbook Samsung Atom processor

In the latter case, there is no problem with login. It happens, as I
mentioned before, after some little on-line time, few minutes, sometimes,
exceptionally, much longer.
Remote I work via a DSL-stick (HSPDA) or from a Wifi, depending upon where
I am, i.o.w. everywhere in Belgium, Germany or France.

I hope this is enough info.

Thanks for replying

Roland