[FreeNX-kNX] locking on a netbook

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Tue Nov 10 11:52:51 UTC 2009

roland <roland at cat.be> wrote on 10/11/2009 08:39:30:

> Hello,
>
> I have a netbook Samsung N110
> Freenx and nx are installed on a CentOS 5 server
> The client Windows xp, nomachine version 3.3.0-6
>
> Every 5 or 10 min the connection locks up and I have to do
> Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Esc to close the nx client and restart.

If the connection doesn't complete, then you may find the session
suspends after a few minutes.

If there is another half completed session it is possible to see
other sessions not connecting for that user.

If the network is droppping packets then the session can time out
and suspend.

etc etc etc

You don't tell us very much about what is happening.

Is the session suspended ??

Does the client work with other servers??

Do other clients work with this server ??

How many sessions are running for that user on the server??

Does it still happen if you try a different user ??

etc etc etc

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ