[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient-3 unicode copy and paste from linux to windows problem

Mohammad Sahami sahami2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 20 08:09:51 UTC 2008

I use freenx-0.7.3-1 as NX server and nxclient 3.3.0-3 as nx client.
I can have remote X sessions without any problem. I changed my RedHat
Enterprise 4 (server) locale to arabic .

[root at localhost ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="ar_US.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="ar_US.UTF-8:ar_US:ar"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

And my windows 2003 (client) locale to arabic also.

I can type and browse in arabic and english in firefox-1.0 while I have X
session through nxclient.

I can copy from everywhere in windows client arabic text and paste them in
firefox through nxclient X session.

But when I copy an arabic text (for example "محمد") from firefox in nxclient
Xsession and paste it in windows client notepad, It will appear as
"\u0645\u062d\u0645\u062f".

M. Sahami