[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Installation Problem, CentOS 5 Xen

Tom Inglis tominglis at runbox.com
Mon Sep 24 10:24:12 UTC 2007

Dear Fabian,

I chmodded /dev/null from 660 to 666, and this gives me: 'Authentication
failed for user root'. I have checked that the password and key are correct,
and I have tried deleting my .nx folder on the client and removing and
reinstalling the packages / config files on the server.

Also, I notice that /dev/null is adjusted to 660 each reboot, (along with most
other files in that folder).

Have you any further suggestions?

This works fine on my physical server, but not on this new VPS, which has the
same software, so I am puzzled.

Many thanks!

Tom