[FreeNX-kNX] Web browser audio

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Sep 14 19:06:13 UTC 2007

> Hi again!

Hi,

fortunately I have a solution for your problem :-).

> So I installed esound esound-client and both esd and esddsp runs
> perfectly.  Also changed the node.conf so ENABLE_ESD_PRELOAD="1" and
> uncommented the line after it.  Rebooted the server.  But still
> everything plays except for anything in the web browser.

> Since most sounds are coming from the flash plugin, is there something I
> need to configure for that?

Yes, flash does use ALSA internally, which has no wrapper library for ESD, but there is help:

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flash_Player:Additional_Interface_Support_for_Linux

Follow the steps and install the flash support library with OSS support.

Then esddsp firefox or ENABLE_ESD_PRELOAD will work as flashplugin uses the support in the library if available.

Please add it to FAQ once it works for you :-).

> ps: I clicked on that link in the bottom of your reply message to
> donate, but all I got was the mail kde info page, with no information
> about a email address I could paypal the money to...

paypal at fabian-franz.de is my paypal account.

There was no donation button in the footer of my reply message.

cu

Fabian