[FreeNX-kNX] Kerberos & FreeNX

Cardon Denis denis.cardon at tranquilitsystems.com
Fri May 25 13:16:45 UTC 2007

Hi Henrik,
> I am running FreeNX-0.5.0-25 & NX-1.5.0-73 on Suse 10.2. NX work fine out of
> the box with local or NIS account. When I enable Kerberos to do user
> authentication (against a Windows domain) NX stops to function. The command:
>

>      ssh -i /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/client.id_dsa.key -p 22  nx at suse
>
>     Connection closed by 165.91.114.17
>
> results in an immediate closed connection. If I disable Kerberos
> authentication then the above command works as it should and NX client
> logins work. Note that I can ssh into the system and authenticate just fine
> when using ssh with Kerberos. The problem only appears when using NX.

could you please post you pam stack configuration
(/etc/pam.d/system-auth /etc/pam.d/sshd), your sshd_config file and the
connexion logs (/var/log/auth.log and /var/log/messages).

Can you log with any local user? Can you do private/public key
authentication with other users?

By the way, nxclient AFAIK is not integrated into the local windows SSPI
or local kerberos keyring. So kerberising the nx server won't be of a
great help for SSO.

Cheers,

Denis