[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX trouble

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue May 22 09:50:31 UTC 2007

Claudia Neumann schreef:
> Hi Jan!
>
> Don't despair!
> I just managed to get a freeNX server working on Debian Etch using the
> packages from http://kern.nl/freenx and the clients from
> http://www2.math.uni-paderborn.de/?id=1354
> You have to set
> ENABLE_1_5_0_BACKEND="1"
> in /etc/nxserver/node.conf
> and configure
> AuthorizedKeysFile   %h/.ssh/authorized_keys2
> in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.
> Next you have to copy the public keys to $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys2.

I wonder what you tell here. I don't have to do any of the things you
tell here, and it works out-of-the-box.

I don't have an ENABLE_1_5_0_BACKEND setting in /etc/nxserver/node.conf,
when you use the packages from kern.nl you use a 2.0 backend.

I don't have anything changed in /etc/ssh/sshd_config and I don't have
copied a public key to $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys2. NXserver does not
use public keys in $HOME/.ssh/. It uses the keys in
/var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/ .

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.