[FreeNX-kNX] [FreeNX-kNX / X++ Booster] FreeNX namechange

cedric briner work at infomaniak.ch
Fri Jul 20 08:26:01 UTC 2007

>> _I think that the name should contain information for non expert_
>>
>> I do propose the name V.L.S.C. which stand for
>>

>>           Very Long Screen Cable
>
> Very original thought -- I like it. Just the resulting 4 letter thingie
> doesn't sound sexy at all.
I promise that the 4 letter thingie looks much more better on my paper
than scanned at this size.

Maybe we can stay with something around the screen notion like:

Get_Your_Screen (and we get a icon like I want you pointing to your screen)
http://www.army.mil/cmh/art/Posters/WWI/I_want_you.jpg

Carry_Your_Screen (and the icon, will be an open bag where we see the
screen inside, and the cable get out from the bag)

> In this spirit, how about 'velocity-s'? (VEry LOng Cable InTo Your Screen)
<francais>je trouve ca plutot cool </francais>
I find it quite cool !

> It's also not too exciting, but I'm sure people can come up with a 'word'
> that sounds good and transports the idea of the long screen cable as
> well.
sure

> 4 cents?  *4* ?!?
>
> You're not the inventor of humility, are you?   :-)
  no comment

--

Cedric BRINER
Geneva - Switzerland