[FreeNX-kNX / X++ Booster] Problem with some keys in Java apps with NX

Achim Bursian abu.aud at siemens.com
Mon Jul 16 19:53:41 UTC 2007

Gregory Carter wrote:
> { is on the 7 key?
>
> That is freaky.  :-)
Oh yeah! Definitely not a programmer who decided that!

> So, when you run say, any other X app except the Java ones through a NX
> session, the key mapping AS IS works OK?
>
> If it is JUST the java applications?
Correct, it's only Java apps. Everything else runs fine, with this setup.

> That is odd, but it could be due to the fact that the JVM is running
> under a xorg.conf configuration in your Solaris X windows that is
> confusing it.
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean...
On the Solaris side, there is no X.org server (or do you refer to the
nxagent process?). The apps simply connect to the nxagent, which acts as the
local X server. Well, nxagent IS based on X.org now, but there seems to be
no xorg.conf ??? (I built the nxagent myself from the 3.0.0 source from !M,
maybe I missed something here? Is there a xorg.conf needed? I doubt it,
because everything runs fine - except these damn Java stuff)

-Achim