[FreeNX-kNX] Fedora 8 stopped working again

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe.alfaro at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 09:44:43 UTC 2007

----- Original message -----
From: Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net>
To: freenx-knx at kde.org
Sent: Thu Dec 13 2007 01:17:16 AM CET
Subject: Re: [FreeNX-kNX] Fedora 8 stopped working again
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 18:46:46 -0500
Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net> wrote:

> What does nx need from ssh? I was trying to make my config pretty
> draconian since I was actually gonna open up port 22 on my router,
> but I guess I made it too draconian :-).

NX uses SSH to tunnel traffic when SSL encryption is enabled.

Trying the changes one at a time and restarting sshd between them
revealed that X11Forwarding needs to be turned on. All is well
now (though I thought the "Match" directive had it setup
to be on for local connections, but I guess that wasn't working
correctly).

So, just pretend this thread never happened :-).
     Were you helped on this list with your FreeNX problem?
    Then please write up the solution in the FreeNX Wiki/FAQ:
  http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ
         Don't forget to check the NX Knowledge Base:
                 http://www.nomachine.com/kb/