[FreeNX-kNX] Client always try's to resume Session.

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Wed Oct 11 13:53:02 UTC 2006

Which version of:
	linux on the server
	FreeNX
	nx libs
	nxclient on the server (if any)
	nxclient on WinXP

The suspend behaviour is a bit less reliable in FreeNX 0.4.x than in 0.5.x.
Generally if the nomachine nxclient isn't installed on the server then freenx
falls back on a script (also called nxclient) to do things like display the
cancel/suspend/terminate window when you close the client. This script
doesn't seem to work on all systems (dependencies?) which can leave you whith
suspended sessions when you expected to terminate them. Installing the
nomachine client on the server has always fixed this for me. If you want to
make sure the session terminates then modify the nxclient script
(usually /usr/bin/nxclient) to stop the suspend option being given.

I have had problems resuming suspended sessions started on a Windows client on
linux and vice versa. I've not looked into why this happens since I rarely
use the Windows client.