[FreeNX-kNX] Strange mouse behavior

Victor Trac victor.trac at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 09:33:03 UTC 2006

I had been using freenx without any problems on a Debian Etch server and the
NoMachine 1.5.0-141 client for linux on Ubuntu, until recently (possibly
after an apt-get upgrade) when my freenx mouse cursor doesn't seem to work
properly.  Movement across the screen seems fine, but clicks don't actually
register.  When I click/drag to make a box on the desktop, it creates the
corner of the box randomly about 50-100 pixels away from where I actually
clicked.  I can't actually click on anything (including the freenx window
close box), so I have to kill the freenx client from my Ubuntu host system.
It's quite weird... I've tried reinstalling X and freenx on the Debian Etch
server, but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

A colleague using NoMachine's Windows client has no problems connecting to
the same server, so it's either just a problem on linux or a problem on my
specific machine.  Anyone else see similar issues, or have any idea as to
what the cause is?

Thanks,
Victor

--