[FreeNX-kNX] Invalid Magic Cookie? (was Re: NX 2.0.0)

David Guntner davidg at akaMail.com
Sun Jul 9 20:44:34 UTC 2006

Tyler Ellis grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> You should also know that the MIT magic cookie problem keeps popping up
> so I *know* a fix will come soon as many ppl are turmoiling with it.
> Where did you see the xauth warnings again I would like to peek :P

I forgot you asked for that.  It appears after I've authenticated with the
server and it starts to say it's negotiating X session stuff (if I recall
correctly - that part of the display doesn't stay there very long).  When I
click the "Details" button to get the session log, here's the output:

Info: Display running with pid '2864' and handler '0xf028e'.
NXPROXY - Version 2.0.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2006 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '2924'.
Session: Starting session at 'Sun Jul  9 13:39:04 2006'.
Info: Connecting to remote host 'janet:5000'.
Info: Connection to remote proxy 'janet:5000' established.
Warning: Connected to remote NXPROXY version 1.5.0 with local version
2.0.0.
Info: Synchronizing local and remote caches.
Info: Handshaking with remote proxy completed.
Warning: Font server connections not supported by the remote proxy.
Warning: Failed to read data from the X auth command.
Warning: Generating a fake cookie for X authentication.
Info: Using lan link parameters 1536/24/1/0.
Info: Using image streaming parameters 50/128/1024KB/6144/768.
Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-9' with session 'unix-kde'.
Info: Not using NX delta compression.
Info: Not using ZLIB data compression.
Info: Not using ZLIB stream compression.
Info: Not using persistent cache.
Info: Using remote server 'janet:5000'.
Session: Session started at 'Sun Jul  9 13:39:04 2006'.
Warning: X connection failed with error 'Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key'.
Session: Terminating session at 'Sun Jul  9 13:39:04 2006'.
Info: End of NX transport requested by remote.
Info: Your session was closed before reaching a usable state.
Info: This can be due to the local X server refusing access to the client.
Info: Please check authorization provided by the remote X application.
Info: Shutting down the NX transport.
Session: Session terminated at 'Sun Jul  9 13:39:04 2006'.

"Janet" is the Linux machine.  I don't know if seeing this will help you or
not, but here it is. :-)

                  --Dave