[FreeNX-kNX] Invalid Magic Cookie? (was Re: NX 2.0.0)

David Guntner davidg at akamail.com
Sun Jul 9 20:24:15 UTC 2006

Kurt Pfeifle grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> On Sunday 09 July 2006 01:05, David Guntner wrote:
> > Tyler Ellis grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> >
> > Only thing is, I've never had cygwin installed on the Windows desktop in
> > question, where the NX Client has been installed.
>
> NX Client for Windows uses Cygwin and installs a cygwin.dll
>
> > So I'm going to be
> > surprised if I find that dll anywhere. :-)  It's truely bizzare - the
> > desktop had 1.5 running like a champ.
>
> If you had the 1.5 NX Client functional on the desktop, you had a
> cygwin.dll!

Ok, I'll accept that (and thanks for the info).  However, if I uninstalled NX
1.5, wouldn't that *also* uninstall the cygwin1.dll file?

I've got GoBack installed on both desktop and laptop Windows machines, I'll
revert the desktop back to where it was with 1.5 installed and take a look
for those files.  Maybe if I just do a straight update to 2.0 on top of the
existing 1.5 installation.... :-)

The hunt continues....

                --Dave