[FreeNX-kNX] Install FreeNX to a different diretory for Side-by-Side installation.

Jon Scruggs j.scruggs at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 18:51:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

I did a quick search on Google but could not find information on this.
I read on the FreeNX website that one can do a Side-by-Side
installation with a !M server, but FreeNX needs to be installed to a
different directory.

The components for NX are installed to /usr/NX/{bin,lib,etc}, so what
do I need to change in nxloadconfig to point to the directory that
FreeNX will be installed to? If I change $NX_DIR, then it doesn't
point to the correct directory for all the NX components. I would like
FreeNX to be installed to: /usr/NX/freenx, and then the !M server and
NX components installed to /usr/NX/{bin,lib,etc} as usual.

Also, what else needs to be changed to do this?

Something I have been wondering. Can the latest FreeNX use the !M
nxnode from the 2.0.0 release? Or even use nxnode at all?

Thanks,
Jon