[FreeNX-kNX] Invalid Magic Cookie? (was Re: NX 2.0.0)

David Guntner davidg at akamail.com
Fri Jul 7 21:17:01 UTC 2006

David Guntner grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> Thanks.  I've put the 0.5.0 scripts into place, and everything does seem to
> be working with the use of the 2.0 NoMachine Windows client.
>
> Something odd that I've noticed, though:  When I enter my login information
> and hit connect, it eventually brings up a window that shows me "Available
> sessions."  It lists two, one with a status of "N/A" and one with a status
> of "Running."  Hitting "Refresh" doesn't get rid of them.  There aren't any
> sessions running at this point in time.
>
> Any idea what's causing that, and how to clear it out?  It doesn't get in
> the way; I can just click on the "New" button and away I go. :-)  But it
> would be nice to get rid of that extra "information" when it's not needed.

Ok, I've discovered a new hitch.  My laptop, which never had the NoMachine NX
Windows client installed on it, was able to connect to my Linux server with
the 2.0 client just fine.  My desktop, on the other hand, which had been
running the 1.5 client and I uninstalled it and installed 2.0, cannot.  When
I check the log for the session on the client, I see following message:

Warning:  X connection failed with error 'Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key'

Any idea what's causing that and how to clear it?

                    --Dave