[FreeNX-kNX] NX 2.0.0

David Guntner davidg at akamail.com
Fri Jul 7 21:07:36 UTC 2006

Frédéric LE FAUCHEUR grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> 2006/7/5, David Guntner <davidg at akamail.com>:
> > Fabian Franz grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > this is no official announcement, but you can find a FreeNX 0.5.0 file
> > > on the servers (leak leak ;-) ), which includes experimental support for
> > > NX 2.0.0 as backend.
> > >
> > > Regarding the client issues:
> > >
> > > The client will send whatever version the server sends.
> > >
> > > So setting the 0.4.4 versions to 1.5.0-45 should solve the problems
> > > also.
> >
> > I'm currently using the RPM packages for nxagent, nxproxy, etc., that are
> > provided by Mandriva (I'm running Mandriva 2006.0 Community).  The
> > version of those packages is 1.5.0, and it's using the packaged version of
> > freenx 0.4.4.
> >
> > I discovered that the Windows client for 1.5 will work just fine with
> > that, but the 2.0 client - not so fine. :-)
> >
> > Question:  If I were to install this new 0.5.0 version of freenx and
> > leave the existing nxagent, nxproxy, libxcomp, etc., packages in place,
> > will that allow the 2.0 client to connect ok?  Or do I need to update
> > *everything*, bringing the 2.0 versions of nxagent, et al, into play?  I
> > suspect the later is going to be the case, but I wanted to get a second
> > opinion. :-)
>
> Freenx 0.5 final with NX 1.5 backend and NX client NX 2.0  works fine
> (under Slackware). I have just upgraded to NX backend 2.0, freenx 0.5 and
> everthing seems ok too.

Thanks.  I've put the 0.5.0 scripts into place, and everything does seem to be
working with the use of the 2.0 NoMachine Windows client.

Something odd that I've noticed, though:  When I enter my login information
and hit connect, it eventually brings up a window that shows me "Available
sessions."  It lists two, one with a status of "N/A" and one with a status of
"Running."  Hitting "Refresh" doesn't get rid of them.  There aren't any
sessions running at this point in time.

Any idea what's causing that, and how to clear it out?  It doesn't get in the
way; I can just click on the "New" button and away I go. :-)  But it would be
nice to get rid of that extra "information" when it's not needed.

                 --Dave