[FreeNX-kNX] Bizarre problem

Seb James seb at esfnet.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 21:43:57 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 14:52 -0600, Brent Davidson wrote:
> I'm running Centos 4.4 and did the yum install nx freenx and got freenx working, but I'm still having a weird problem.  I can create sessions with the NoMachine client and run programs as long as I set the compression level to WAN or higher.  If I set the compression to ADSL or lower The session will not establish.  I am using NoMachine's client version 2.1.0.9.  A generic Gnome session will start correctly regardless of which compression level I choose.  Any ideas?

This could be related to the image formats used at the different
compression levels.

Try manually specifying the image format (jpeg, png or xbitmap) to see
if one of these causes the problem. Could be it's a missing library on
your server. You can force the image format on the Nomachine client -
have a look down at the bottom of the "General" tab, and select "Use
custom settings" and press the "Modify" button to choose.

best regards

Seb James
--
William Matthew Ltd.