[FreeNX-kNX] Compiling NX1.5.0 on amd64

Sunil funtoos at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 22:45:08 UTC 2005

I feel bad saying this but the only person trolling on
this list has been Gian himself. This guy, Xiong, was
frustrated with his problems, and he may have been
naive with his email exchanges, but never once I got a
feeling that his responses were trolling or
outrageous. English is not his native language and any
normal person can see thru that much. But we as a
community, what do we do with such people. We trash
them with RTFMs, ask them to read documentation,
google...That's a good way to get access to an OSS
developer or motivate a person to do some serious
looking at the X protocol code instead of a casual
look. I mean the end result of this thread was that
Xiong didn't get a single email of help on his issues
and all he got from this community was trash, which
can do much damage to a person mentally. I think he
will take that impression from here for sure.

Gian, when you give a gift to someone, you don't
remind that person of that gift everyday. And that's
the feeling that I get from every email of yours. I
understand you may be frustrated with the fact that
nobody from the OSS world adds anything to the NX code
and they all complain when the free stuff breaks. But
what I don't understand is why do you have to reply to
such complaints (which are obviously coming from some
naive people, who will over the time know the truth
and understand). I mean at least give the newcomers
the benefit of the doubt and leave them to other
community members.

-Sunil