[FreeNX-kNX] Printing to a Network Attached Printer from NX Client 1.5

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com
Wed Sep 28 07:47:27 UTC 2005

On September 27, 2005 17:24, Nicholas Lee wrote:
> On 9/27/05, CLIFFORD ILKAY <clifford_ilkay at dinamis.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Windows XP, 1.5 client, Mandriva Linux 2005 LE (a.k.a. 10.2)
> > server running freenx 0.4.4. There is a network attached Lexmark
> > Optra printer on the XP client's network. That is the only
> > printer.
>
> Since network printers are fixed, its usually better to added the
> printer on the server side.

How? The server and client are not on same network. They are not even
in the same city. Perhaps I did not explain the situation well in my
original message. The server has a public IP. It is at a colo
facility. The XP client is behind a firewall. The Lexmark network
printer is on the same network as the XP client and is behind the
same firewall.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay