[FreeNX-kNX] !M NX on Ubuntu and wishlist environment variables at startup.

Nicholas Lee emptysands at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 23:23:23 UTC 2005

On 8/31/05, Gian Filippo Pinzari <pinzari at nomachine.com> wrote:
> All in all, it doesn't look the PITA you implied in your first mes-
> sage ;-). Additionally, nxsetup is a shell script so it should be
> fairly easy to fix, in the case somebody is really motivated to do
> so.

That was the end solution, I had to figure it out figure. Had some
other issues as well. But you are right it was fixable, just not as
simple.

> Yes, there should be a way to run pre and post scripts. We want to do
> that since a long time. I assume that if nxserver developers didn't
> implement this, so far, it is only because the lack of time.

Of course being unix there is always a hack:
nic at desktop:~$ cat /usr/bin/gnome-session
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/bin/gnome-session.orig $@

> OSS core and make it ready for the future developments. It is important
> that we start drawing a picture of what will be the next NX, but it
> is also important that we leverage what we have to attract new users.

Sounds very promising.

--
Nicholas Lee
http://stateless.geek.nz