[FreeNX-kNX] Setting "umask" for user logging in

Felix E. Klee fk at linuxburg.de
Fri Oct 28 10:10:54 UTC 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:30:04 +0800, "Murray Trainer"
<mtrainer at central-data.net> said:
> Putting it /etc/profile.local is probably the way to go on SuSE but
> you   probably should exclude root as below
>
> if [ "$UID" != 0 ]; then    umask = ???? fi

Nice and simple!  I've done that.  Interestingly, though, the umask gets
modified somewhere else if I log in locally, but that's not really a
problem which belongs here.  For example, I've set the umask to "000" in
"/etc/profile.local" but always when I log in locally (logging in via NX
is no problem), then it gets modified to "002", and I don't know where
that happens.  However, as I've decided on using "002" as the umask for
non-root users logging into the system, this is no actual problem.
--
Felix E. Klee
fk at linuxburg.de    (work)