[FreeNX-kNX] Setting "umask" for user logging in

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Oct 26 12:23:09 UTC 2005

Felix E. Klee schreef:
> I want to set a user's "umask" when he logs into a SuSE 9.2/KDE system
> using nxclient.  How do I best do that?  Do I have to edit startkde?
>
> Along these lines: Where can I set custom environment variables for a
> user?  Unfortunately "~/.profile" doesn't get loaded.

I found out that when I change COMMAND_START_GNOME inside node.conf to a
script, what calls the original executable at the end of the script, I
can set the environment variables and umask in X.

When you want something else, eg KDE, it will be COMMAND_START_KDE or
something like that.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

BTW: did you know that OpenOffice 1.1.x does not lock files?