[FreeNX-kNX] Black Screen after Auth

Dan Boger nx at peeron.com
Wed Oct 5 17:03:07 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 06:52:11PM +0100, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 October 2005 16:52, Dan Boger wrote:
> > (cd; DISPLAY=localhost:1000 gnome-session&)
> >
> > Which starts up gnome in the NX session.
>
> ...if the red !M window top does indeed display the :1000 string too  ;-)

Right - I actually often have to do 1004, or whichever is appropriate :)

> I do not know at all why this is so weird on your systems. Maybe
> Fedora has a custom wrapper script to startup KDE? By default, NX and
> FreeNX look to execute "startkde" for bringing up a KDE session.

I'm not using kde - gnome...  But I think NX is supposed to start
gnome-session for that, but isn't actually doing that for some reason.

> > But if anyone knows of a way to fix the automatic startup, that
> > would be great :)
>
> Dan, instead of ssh-ing into the box, what about defining a "Unix -->
> --> Custom" session type, with the "Settings... --> Run the following
> command:" set up to "gnome-session" ?
>
> Does that help your case?

Nope - tried that, no good.  Even if I try "xterm", I still don't get
anything to run.

--
Dan Boger