[FreeNX-kNX] Config settings to enhance stability?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Fri Nov 4 22:30:58 UTC 2005

Steve Bergman schrieb:
> I am running Freenx 0.4.4 on a Fedora Core 2 server.  I have a mix of
> clients, mostly Linux, but with a couple of Windows boxes too, running
> the nomachine client v1.5.
>
> This is over DSL, so there are occasional connection lapses.  The Linux
> boxes all just freeze for a short time and then the user can pick up
> where he left off.  The Windows boxes immediately pop up a window that says:
>
> "The connection with the remote server was shut down.  Please check the
> state of your network connection."
>
> and the user must log back in.
>
> Any suggestions as to what config parameters I might change to get the
> Windows boxes to handle connection lapses as gracefully as the Linux boxes?
>
> I'd wish I could just say "Replace the Windows boxes with Linux boxes",
> but unfortunately its not an option.

hmm, for me each IP change (dynamic IP) disconnects me (obviously), and
when I log in again, I can't resume the session (I guess that's your
problem) - a program just launches (and I see in the process list that
old programs, before the IP changed, are still running in the background).

I don't start a "new virtual desktop", but a "floating window" for the
programs I start.

It's really frustrating for the programs like Mozilla Firefox or
Thunderbird, which will refuse to start if they are already running (in
the background).

And guess what, I'm not running a Windows client, so our problem is
somehow related?

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org