[FreeNX-kNX] Config settings to enhance stability?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Fri Nov 4 21:51:33 UTC 2005

I am running Freenx 0.4.4 on a Fedora Core 2 server.  I have a mix of
clients, mostly Linux, but with a couple of Windows boxes too, running
the nomachine client v1.5.

This is over DSL, so there are occasional connection lapses.  The Linux
boxes all just freeze for a short time and then the user can pick up
where he left off.  The Windows boxes immediately pop up a window that says:

"The connection with the remote server was shut down.  Please check the
state of your network connection."

and the user must log back in.

Any suggestions as to what config parameters I might change to get the
Windows boxes to handle connection lapses as gracefully as the Linux boxes?

I'd wish I could just say "Replace the Windows boxes with Linux boxes",
but unfortunately its not an option.

Thank you for any input.

-Steve Bergman