[FreeNX-kNX] XKB error with Gnome and XFree 4.3.

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon May 9 09:01:22 UTC 2005

Fabian Franz schreef:

> Am Freitag, 29. April 2005 10:33 schrieb Paul van der Vlis:
>
>>Gian Filippo Pinzari schreef:

>>Are here people who are running Gnome without the XKB problem?
>>Are here people who are running Gnome + Sarge without this problem?
>

> I don't know, but to be sure that its not a FreeNX bug (which would be
> perfectly possible as we are unfortunately not perfect), you could try to
> install an evolution of NoMachines commercial server.
>
> If that works, we can still try to find the bug in FreeNX.

I allready had such an evolution, and they don't give it for a second time.

> Other advantages of using the commercial server is that you of course get
> commercial support as well, which might fit more at the moment, if you want
> to use it in a commercial production environment.

My problem is that I want to use it in many organisations. In some
organisations there's money enough, in others not. For me it's more easy
to support only 1 version of NX. I would like commercial support for
FreeNX ;-)  (something like http://www.namesys.com/support.html )

But OK. I found something. I have installed FreeNX on another new
machine with Gnome and there are no problems. So I think the XKB problem
is a configuration-error on that machine.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.