[FreeNX-kNX] Tasks - Has someone too much time? ;-)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Mar 21 14:55:35 UTC 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 04:18, Fabian Franz wrote:
> Am Montag, 21. März 2005 07:41 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> > On Friday 18 March 2005 02:23, Fabian Franz wrote:
> > > Tasks for nxc our new nxclient structure:
> > >
> > > http://developer.berlios.de/pm/task.php?group_project_id=838&group_id=2
> > >97 8& func=browse
> >
> > i've been looking at these over the last couple evenings ... i'm a bit
> > concerned in a few areas and have a lot of questions...
>
> Ok, I'll try to answer them. Hopefully Lawrence will also find some time to
> work on that.
>
> > basically, i'm wrapping a new GUI around this and looking to help make
> > nxc feature complete. the challenges i have:
>
> Btw. for an example usage I attached you a small patch I did for the old
> kNX.

yes, usage of NXDriver is very straightforward. that's not really my issue =)

> > 	o no documentation. this makes getting involved with this 10x harder
> > than it should be. can we please adopt a go-forward policy of documenting
> > at least all public and protected members in classes?
>
> Please at least read the announcment of the joining of the nxc project:

i've been on the list for a while and read the announcement. i found it spare
on details, which is why i'm asking for more information here =)

> > 	o bug report quality. there are reports that mention crashes but don't
> > include backtraces.
>
> Huh? I haven't seen any bug report according to nxc....

see BR#001814 on berlios.de, for instance. it's a crash related bug, but
contains no backtrace.

> > i'm sure i'll have more questions in the days to come as i continue to
> > ramp up and hack on this.
>
> Aaron: Please at least try to read the mailing list archives, I think most
> questions you are asking are there.

i've read the mailing list which i've been sub'd to for some time, and i've
even gone back into the archives ... and no, the answers to my questions are
not there. looks like they are arriving though, which is good...

--
Aaron J. Seigo