[FreeNX-kNX] poor performance over ADSL - what settings are best?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Sun Mar 13 19:08:52 UTC 2005

Fabian Franz wrote:

> The only solution I see is that you connect to your desktop session via NX.
>
> I.e. make a passwordless user, which just starts nxclient as .Xsession.
>
> Then use fullscreen NX Client to connect to your session.

so in other words, to get the best performance when I want to run only
Mozilla Thunderbird over NX:

1) start full desktop (like icewm) as "new virtual desktop", and then
Thunderbird, instead of just Thunderbird in a "floating window"
2) set rootless mode to 1 in node.conf (or maybe to 0)?
3) set connection to "modem"

So I'm not sure about 2) - if it should be "rootless" or not.

Tomek