[FreeNX-kNX] poor performance over ADSL - what settings are best?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Sat Mar 12 18:23:58 UTC 2005

Fabian Franz wrote:

>>Hopefully nomachine NX and free NX will get better one day :)
>

> Well, you can use a whole Desktop with VNC, so you can with NX - where is your
> problem ;-) ?
>
> For me NX is already good enough ...

One thing I miss is connecting to an already running desktop (i.e., the
one I'm running at home - only to connect for a while to see if I got
new mail/if someone talked to me using PSI/Jabber etc.).

AFAIK, with NX you can only start your own desktop from the beginning
(i.e., start it using NX); or you can do a mix like connecting via NX to
a VNC server, but that's not it.

Tomek