[FreeNX-kNX] nxconnect released

LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com
Wed Mar 2 12:47:25 UTC 2005

That's a good point about the .ssh config.  That would be a good patch for someone to provide.

The source for NXWin is available on the nomachine site and the source for Cygwin/X is also available (I think NXWin is just a fork of this with a few changes - very few based on the changelog).

The X Server on the client is just launched as a separate application.  It should be possible to launch the Cygwin X server instead, but based on the changelog you would not get very good suspend/terminate behaviour.  If you can get Cygwin/X compiled then you could apply the nomachine patches and use your enhanced server instead of NXWin.

The way that nxclient, kNX, nxconnect, etc. work is that they call all the OSS components as separate executables.  For Nomachine this is necessary to avoid having to GPL their proprietary client.  For the rest of us it is a convenience.  We can write our clients without having to link to or modify the OSS components.  Especially on Windows, I am not interested in modifying their code.

- L