[FreeNX-kNX] nxconnect released

Ben Voigt bvoigt at kas.com
Wed Mar 2 08:04:09 UTC 2005

I would very much like a Windows client that plays more nicely with an
existing cygwin installation.  Specifically, it should use the (frequently
updated) X.org Cygwin/X server that is installed as a cygwin package.  It
should have an option to use the XWin_GL server with its advanced
capabilities.  And, it should NOT mess with my cygwin mounts table.  The !M
client always changes /tmp, which means the permissions change and services
fail.

Furthermore, to avoid the complaints concerning different keys for different
servers, it shouldn't specify an identity file (private key) at all.  That
should be handled by ~/.ssh/config as all my other ssh keys are.

These changes are minimal I think, and if I had the source to the
Windows/cygwin client I'd try to make them myself... but I don't.  So maybe
your linux script will be more promising.

Ben Voigt
University of Pennsylvania
Electrical Engineering PhD Candidate

voigt at seas.upenn.edu <mailto:voigt at seas.upenn.edu>
BVoigt at kas.com <mailto:BVoigt at kas.com>

Support a Constitutional Amendment to protect the Pledge of Allegiance and
National Motto.
Click here for more information. <http://www.wepledge.com/>