[FreeNX-kNX] Re: floppy, cdrom access for roaming users

Chris Fanning christopher.fanning at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 09:10:21 UTC 2005

Happy to see you're back.

Thanks for the tip, comfirming my need to learn more bash.

I've edited nxnode adding  ...
export NXUSERIP=$userip
..to node_startsession()

the file icon_setup is now like this.
#! /bin/bash

desktop_icon=$HOME/Desktop/floppy.desktop
sed "s/nxclient/$NXUSERIP/g"
/usr/share/terminal/floppy.desktop.template > $desktop_icon

I thought that better not to call it from within nxnode because not
all sessions want this. eg. Running a nxclient from windows.