[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Problem sending 'switch' command to nxssh (Was: Re: Need help to get nxproxy & nxssh working over encrypted connection)

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Thu Jan 13 21:26:38 UTC 2005

LROUFAIL at nc.rr.com wrote:
 > I was referring to Christoph's proof of concept, but the NX
 > code would be great, too.

;-)

 > I have to admit I am a little frustrated that once I got it all working,
 > I have to recode it because you changed the underlying protocol.

We care about backward compatibility, when possible, but, as I
explained, we didn't have any alternative.

 > I am sure that if I can find the time to sit down and tinker with it I
 > will figure out how to make it work. It just seems like I have to spend
 > time to go over ground you have already covered.

I can understand. Consider that the current method of tunneling
through SSH should not change radically in future, so I think that
any coding you do now will last for long. I'm sure it will become
the base for a number of exciting possibilities that are still
unexploited by the NX software ;-).

/Gian Filippo.