[FreeNX-kNX] nxshell...

Marcus Schäfer ms at suse.de
Thu Jan 6 14:28:33 UTC 2005

Hi All,

some time ago I introduced a rewritten version of nxtunnel.
I'm sorry I didn't spend some thoughts on the name clash I create
concering the currently public version of nxtunnel so hopefully
nobody is feeling offended.

I changed the name and the code to behave more like a shell which
means calling nxshell (the new name) without any paramters will
open a terminal (xterm) session using NX. The new version has
the following major changes:

- needs to be installed only on the local side, remote code is
  transfered using a ssh pipe

- support for changing the keyboard according to your needs. The
  keyboard used may be different from the setting on the remote side.
  nxshell will take care about that and the user can specify which
  keyboard is prefered

- default command is "xterm" so simply calling

	nxshell -l user at host

  will open a terminal session with default (us) keyboard

Would be great if somebody can test the code. I'm open for
any bugfixes and suggestions :-) Please find my version
of nxshell at:

	ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/ms/nxshell

The README will provide further instructions how to install
and use the program. Thanks a lot

Best Regards
Marcus
--
 Public Key available
 Marcus Schäfer (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX GmbH