[FreeNX-kNX] Performance Problem using a special application

Günter denz guenni_pfalz at web.de
Thu Jan 6 10:46:26 UTC 2005

Hi all,

i have installed an Free-NX Server in the office. So i can perfectly
work from my home office on this machine.

On the server i have installed an application running under wine. Its a
Database application.
If i start the application directly on the server (sitting at the
server), it works good. To open a special screen it takes about 1
second.
If I start this application via NX , the same screen needs 15 seconds to
get on my display.

I have a normal dsl connection to the office . ´

Other applications are fine to work with, but using this sepcial
application is absolutely bad.

Can anybody tell me, why the performance of this app is so different to
the other apps?

At the moment i dont understand why it is so slow.

Regards Guenter

( Hope i explained my problem good enough to understand)