[FreeNX-kNX] Black Screen on Fedora Core 4 w/nx server 1.5.0 release 3 freenx 4.4

Mike Henson mdh2112 at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 23 01:06:54 UTC 2005

I was getting the common "black screen after connection" behavior with
every version of the freenx 4.4 scripts and nx 1.5.0 server rpm's for
Fedora Core 4.

I found that the nxnode script was ending prematurely at line 138:
        . /etc/profile
*       [ -f ~/.bash_profile ] && . ~/.bash_profile

        mkdir -p $USER_FAKE_HOME/.nx/C-$sess_id/pids/

If I comment out that line, I get my gnome-session as expected.

I also tried simply moving the .bash_profile file in the ~nx directory
over to .bash_profile.disabled, but that didn't help. Maybe this is
executing in the user-account context by this point?

Mike