[FreeNX-kNX] suspend session don't work

Ben Voigt bvoigt at kas.com
Thu Dec 8 06:45:41 UTC 2005

It would be better to upgrade to the latest freenx and see if that fixes the
problem.  Latest cvs version is old, freenx is now managed in subversion,
current latest is revision 166.

/usr/src/freenx % svn info
Repository Root: svn://svn.berlios.de/freenx
Repository UUID: 80778403-ebee-0310-8e0a-e86a689f3fff
Revision: 166
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: fabianx
Last Changed Rev: 161
Last Changed Date: 2005-09-04 10:36:37 -0500 (Sun, 04 Sep 2005)

The latest nx libraries support RANDR (resize and rotate, I think)
extension... but it may still be a problem to change the viewable desktop
area during the connection process.  i.e. I wouldn't advise opening
messenger between clicking connect on the NX client and the remote image
appearing in the X server window.  After the connection is established, or
while suspended, docking applications or changing the taskbar size shouldn't
be an issue.

Ben Voigt
University of Pennsylvania
Electrical Engineering PhD Candidate