[FreeNX-kNX] Blank screen

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Thu Dec 23 20:28:44 UTC 2004

Rick Stout wrote:
> Have you tried removing the ~/.nx directory on your FC3 machine? That is
>  where the cache for the sessions are held.

I don't think that's the problem. The message is shown because
the proxy doesn't save the cache. There is a threshold, set to a
few KB. The session is not lasting enough to accumulate enough
data.

I think that the session is running OK (agent, proxy) but the
problem is that nxserver doesn't start the requested application
or the requested application fails to run. You should look at
the 'session' file on the server, where the output of the appli-
cation should have been redirected. Try also to open a shell on
the server, set the DISPLAY to the agent's display and try run-
ning a few X clients.

/Gian Filippo.