[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient seg faults

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Dec 23 16:46:44 UTC 2004

Hi

I've had Rick stout's freenx server 0.2.7 and the nomachine client
1.4.0-75 working fine using a test system running the server. Both ends
running Fedora Core 2. This was using pam authentication:
ENABLE_PAM_AUTHENTICATION="1"
ENABLE_USER_DB="0"
ENABLE_PASSDB_AUTHENTICATION="0"

Now I want to run the server on one of our production (Fedora Core 2)
systems, using the same client setup.

What happens is that the client reports "Authentication complete", waits
a few seconds and then seg faults. I also tried a Windows client and it
crashes as well at the same point.

I switched on logging in nxserver and the last few lines are:

NX> 710 Session status: running
NX> 105 bye
Bye
NX> 999 Bye
NX> 1004 Error: nxagent failed to start. Session timed out.
                 Blocking  again ...
NX> 1001 Bye.

I'd appreciate some help with where to go from here in finding out whats
wrong.

Thanks

Roderick Johnstone