[FreeNX-kNX] Parse error in remote options string

John Nicholls john_nicholls at internode.on.net
Fri Dec 17 00:17:51 UTC 2004

I had a similar problem this morning and it was driving me crazy, the
server stopped working with the same error (I think it's the smallest NX
server in the world at the moment and is running on an Arm prototype
board 12cm x 9 cm x 1cm)

I have been logging into the server and then running the Knx client
(which is still under development) from there to log into the NoMachine
server. To cut a long story short, when I fired up the server this
morning I received the same Parse error mentioned on this thread.

I decided to have a closer look at the server and I was surprised to see
a nxagent, and a nxproxy process running as user john. I killed these
processes and then deleted everything under the /var/lib/nxserver
subdirectories and successfully logged in as john

I have tried duplicating the problem, but so far I have still been able
to log back in OK, but have noticed that the Knx client seems to be
leaving two nxproxy processes running. These don't seem to cause the
problem, the nxagent process running may be the problem.

I hope this may be helpful to some of the "Gurus" on the list

John